iCloud Frozen

Reaction score
Hi....I am a new user of MBA and now I have a real problem. I was opening iCloud when it froze while loading. I can't delete it and I can't shut down the computer. I can reduce the window and all other application can open, but the Apple preferences is stuck on the frozen iCloud application. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
try pressing

command option and escape at the same time

that is called Force Quit

it will give you a list of all apps that are running, choose to force quit system preferences, and that should close the window pane showing iCloud.

You can't "delete" iCloud in the sense that its a program you downloaded. I guess there are ways to remove it, but you won't want to do that I'm sure.

There is also no reason you shouldn't be able to shutdown the Air, click the apple logo and hit shut down at the bottom of the drop down menu. And as there is on every computer, an on button. If you press and hold that it will eventually reboot.

good luck

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Command/esc did nothing, but holding the power button down forced a reboot. I didn't mean "delete" I meant "close"----sometimes I still confuse the two. Again thanks for the quick reply.

Reaction score
frozen iCloud

Hello
I just purchased a MCP and also had icloud freeze one me. I could also go into any other application but it would not allow me to shut down or restart without icloud being closed. Thank you for the tips...I was unsure of holding the power button.
Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.