Drivers - Please help

Reaction score
Hey forum users, as you can see, I am new. I am here to ask for help with the Mac drivers for Windows.

I have had my MacBook Pro for about a month now, and I decided to install Windows 7 onto it so I could play some of my Windows only games. I managed to install Windows, it works fine, all apart from the drivers.

I can not change graphics settings, use audio, connect to the internet via cable or wifi. This is because I am lacking the drivers. My Mac is the late 2011 version. Shipped with Lion and no Lion driver disk. My boot camp driver download thing does not work (after searching online, I found that it never worked, apparently).

So what I am asking for is a solution to my driver problems. I want to run Windows normally, being able to do anything that Windows would do. I was wondering if anyone could give me a like to a driver pack or something? I don't know how it works. :/

Please help me, it would be great to get some games running on it.

Thanks,
Ben

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to restart the Boot Camp assistant and then follow directions to download a driver image from Apple. Burn the driver image to disk and load the disk while Windows 7 is running. Drivers will be installed automatically. That's the only way....

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, as I said, it will not let me. Just tried again and I get the error "Can't install Windows support Software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server." Any ideas? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This has been an ongoing problem for some time. Others have run into the same difficulty. Please read through this entire thread from the Apple Discussions Forum on the same subject. One of the suggested work arounds may apply to you.

LINK

Let us know how it turns out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.