photos on ipad2?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
when my wife hooks up her ipad2 to the macbook, itunes comes up and a photo gallery does as well, is this a setting on the mac in itunes or is this a setting on the ipad? if it is a setting on the Mac where do I go to change this? the reason I'm asking is when we plugged the ipad into her old PC it didnt do this.

C

chas_m

Well, let's start by understanding why it is doing this.

The reason iTunes comes up should be obvious -- it's for syncing the iPad.

The reason iPhoto comes up is because there are pictures on the iPad that have not yet been synced to iPhoto. If you're using iPhoto (and you probably should be), import the photos and then it will stop doing that (until there are again photos on the iPad that aren't synced, of course).

If you're not using iPhoto for some reason, then the next time this happens simply quit iPhoto. Then (while the iPad is still connected!) open Image Capture, another program on your Mac.

Image Capture can ALSO import the photos, but that's not why I'm telling you to open it. At the bottom left of the Image Capture window is a preference that is set to open iPhoto whenever "this device" (the iPad) is connected. Change that to your preferred photo app (or nothing -- but be aware of the consequences of doing that!) and then quit.

Again, the only time a photo app will come up is where there are photos on the iPad that haven't been synced with the computer. Once that's done, iPhoto (or whatever) won't come up when you connect to iTunes.

OP
Goavs18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok thanks for the info

OP
Goavs18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The reason iPhoto comes up is because there are pictures on the iPad that have not yet been synced to iPhoto. If you're using iPhoto (and you probably should be), import the photos and then it will stop doing that (until there are again photos on the iPad that aren't synced, of course).

Again, the only time a photo app will come up is where there are photos on the iPad that haven't been synced with the computer. Once that's done, iPhoto (or whatever) won't come up when you connect to iTunes.

Ok I have transfered all of my photos from my Ipad and Iphoto still comes up everytime I plug my ipad in (there are no photos to transfer).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.