Mbp 13" ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
I'm shopping for an MBP and I'm looking for some advice. I'm toying between the 13" and 15". My concern is that if I buy the 13" I'll have wished I bought the 15". Or, if I buy the 15" I'll realize too late that the 13" would have been just fine for my needs.

Unfortunately, my purchase will have to be from Best Buy, as that is where my $1000 gift card is from. Cost is a huge factor as I'm an unemployed student and I'll have to buy either iWork or MSOffice and a few other programs I use regularly. But at the same time, I don't want something I'll have to replace in 2 years (like I've grown accustomed to with Windows laptops).

A little about me, which may influence your reply:

My Apple experience thus far has been limited to iPods and iPads. I'm not a programmer or a techie, but I know my way around a PC and Windows-based stuff. Less than 6 months ago I built a new gaming system, so an MBP will not be my sole computer. I bought my iPad as both a toy and for school. But, I've found that I really need more than just an iPad sometimes at school.

My intended use is mostly for school work, internet surfing, Skype, etc.

Thanks for any replies!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 13" MBP should be fine for what you need it for. The 15" model is going to be $600 more which is quite a bit over the value of your gift card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Why not just get the Air? More than capable with your list of tasks. Plus the added benefit of being really portable for when you take it to class. I would recommend trying out the 11" and the 13" and seeing what you like. At least at BBuy they have both on the display so that you can see the difference side by side.

OP
Leiyah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Thanks for the feedback. I'll play around with them at BB and go from there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.