Need help on controlling pop ups every time i start up my macbook pro

Reaction score
Every time i start my macbook pro, everything starts to pop up. (word, powerpoint, excel, mail, iTunes, Facebook, etc.)

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out? I tried system preferences and click on the login items. I tried to click and hold on the icon and un click "open at login". Nothing works.

Thanks

Reaction score
Do you close all your open apps before shutting down your Mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Running Lion? If so do this:

Open System Preferences, General. Remove the check mark from the box that says: "Restore windows when quitting............."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm not sure if it's the same in Lion, but if you are using Snow Leopard or lower check System preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And go into System Preferences > System > users > Login Items and make sure they do not appear there. If they do select them and untick the box or even hit the (-) button to get rid of them.

OP
R
Reaction score
Running Lion? If so do this:

Open System Preferences, General. Remove the check mark from the box that says: "Restore windows when quitting............."

I bought the MacBook pro brand new maybe a month ago so I should the most resent programs. I'll try this when I get home.

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Then for sure you have Lion. What Chscag said will for sure do it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Fixed it. I guess I had to close them out after I used it by clicking exit on each app.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.