Retreive old mac files and convert to pc format

Reaction score
I am an old mac user, my last being a macintosh IIx in 1999, (sadly missed). I have important data from 1994 on Macintosh formatted floppy discs, and zip files which I would like to transform into PC format. Files would be word, excel and macdraw formats. Unfortunately, I no longer have a mac.

I have a pc running windows xp, usb floppy and zip drives.

Using a program called Executor on the pc I have been able to see the disc contents, but have been unable to transfer, or transform them.

I am assuming I need to have the pc emulate the macintosh II, transfer the data from the discs to the hard disc of my PC, then convert the files to PC format, using ?? mac os 7 software??.

Please can some expert out there advise the easist method, to transpose and transfer the files to pc format on the pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You should be able to open any word or excel files simply by adding the right file extension. Typically classic mac apps did not add a file extension to files, Try that first

add .doc to word files and .xls to excel files

As for mac draw, there is a kinda OSX version out there, but you would need the help of someone with a mac to help you with the export

DéjàMac: MacDraw for X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.