image replication in iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" Mac 2.7GHz,i5,8G ram OSx10.8.3
I had photos transfered to mac from pc at apple store. I've been trying to get them organized in slideshows etc. Everytime I go to iPhoto' it seems like there will be triple or quadruples of groups of photos, different ones at different times. When I click small arrow at bottom of image a box appears with trash can. After several times clicking trash the images will disappear only to sometimes reappear. When I look in the trash bin there are no photos. What on earth is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I had a similar experience and don't know whether I've yet sorted it totally. Some still pop up when I'm trawling around. How photos are stored and sorted has been explained on other threads but I admit I don't understand. Apparently photos in albums aren't copies of the basic library as they would waste memory.

Deleted photos go in the trash bin under RECENT in left hand column of iPhoto, not in the bin on the dock, so you may find them there. The command for getting rid of them completely is in the drop down menu under iPhoto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.