• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

netflix now available in the UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
30 trial starts today !

Careful to kill the Facebook integration if you don't want everything you watch posting all over the place

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Careful to kill the Facebook integration if you don't want everything you watch posting all over the place

what's all that about??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
That would be interesting to see which tv shows they will offer for the UK Netflix.
Since moving back to the states, I miss the original The Office series, Little Britain and older One Foot in the Grave and Keeping Up Appearances shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
That would be interesting to see which tv shows they will offer for the UK Netflix.
Since moving back to the states, I miss the original The Office series, Little Britain and older One Foot in the Grave and Keeping Up Appearances shows.

Too bad we won't be able to access that UK content though. Not legally, anyway. There's always Slingbox if you have a friend or family member who is willing to hook it up to an unused cable box...

Doug

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Too bad we won't be able to access that UK content though. Not legally, anyway. There's always Slingbox if you have a friend or family member who is willing to hook it up to an unused cable box...

Doug

you can always get a VPN doug. this is the way i watch netflix from the UK

it cost though, and doesn't work through ATV

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
what's all that about??

I suspect you'll only be able to see this from the UK but here goes:
https://signup.netflix.com/home?country=1&rdirfdc=true

Like Spotify you are heavily encouraged to sign in with Facebook.

Yesterday when I signed up Facebook was the only link on the page. Now there's a small 'sign up with an email address' below the facebook link.

But either way you can go into your account settings and disable facebook and setup a unique login for Netflix.

That aside, loving the service. Streams on iPhone and AppleTV (LoveFilm doesn't), HD content (LoveFilm's missing this too), content suits me (maybe that's my age!).

Would like to see newer TV shows/Movies but I'm sure that will come in time.

Now, back to the first series of 24 . . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Are those not available on the Global version of iPlayer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
you can always get a VPN doug. this is the way i watch netflix from the UK

it cost though, and doesn't work through ATV

J

Yeah, I used to play around with free proxy sites and enter them manually in Firefix when I was in EU. Doesn't seem to work as well the other way around however. I'd love to be able to use something in order to access BBC's iPlayer. Which VPN service do you use? Or maybe that's a question I should direct at our U.S. based members.

Doug

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Wahey, maybe ill understand what everyone is harping on about now...

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I suspect you'll only be able to see this from the UK but here goes:
https://signup.netflix.com/home?country=1&rdirfdc=true

Like Spotify you are heavily encouraged to sign in with Facebook.

Yesterday when I signed up Facebook was the only link on the page. Now there's a small 'sign up with an email address' below the facebook link.

But either way you can go into your account settings and disable facebook and setup a unique login for Netflix.

That aside, loving the service. Streams on iPhone and AppleTV (LoveFilm doesn't), HD content (LoveFilm's missing this too), content suits me (maybe that's my age!).

Would like to see newer TV shows/Movies but I'm sure that will come in time.

Now, back to the first series of 24 . . . . .

i see, thanks for that..

24?? never got past the first series, which was good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
I can't believe it took this long for Netflix to get over there... :|

OP
j0nb0y32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I used to play around with free proxy sites and enter them manually in Firefix when I was in EU. Doesn't seem to work as well the other way around however. I'd love to be able to use something in order to access BBC's iPlayer. Which VPN service do you use? Or maybe that's a question I should direct at our U.S. based members.

Doug

Hey Doug,

i use My Expat Network
Watch UK TV online abroad - My Expat Network

i use it from Qatar. you can also, use this to access the US, but i have not tried.

i used to use my private network
https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/?gclid=CPemx4rMx60CFUZ66wodAlWjhA

but could not get it to work with lion, hence the change to the above. I did have access to the US with this.

all in all it cost 5 pound per month and 10 pound per month to add 3 mobile devices and one computer..

J

Reaction score
Pretty awesome news for the UK. Hope they will eventually appear in other European countries as well and not bail out like Hulu did unfortuantely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.