which one 32 bit or 64 bit?

Reaction score
which version of windows 7 should i install? I am putting windows onto my mac mini so i can run a RC sim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Definitely the 64 bit version. That allows Windows 7 to "see" and use all the memory you have installed. Otherwise with the 32 bit version you'll be limited to approximately 3.3 GB of memory.

FS loves memory and speedy graphics. :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Duh I new that. Trying to install now. I had a HDD ready for drivers but I have never seen the prompt to add them. Ugh this is confusing. It also said my bootcamp partition was not ntfs so it couldn't install. I hit the formatt button. Hopefully I have my Mac partition still

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Ok so I guess I did download the drivers lol. Updating them now. How do I get back to my Mac partition though?

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Crap geeze this is way easier than expected on the last boot it told me how to do it

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
ok i am now using the Windows partition on my Mac Mini. It was so much easier that expected. just because i got confused i am going to throw this out there. when you first start out bootcamp tells you that it is going to install windows support onto a dvd or external hdd. that is the drivers it talks about earlier. when windows is installed just open that windows support click on the exe and viola a few minutes later all the drivers are up and running. thanks for the help chscag and brian..

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
You should check out VMware if you have a spare $40 lying around - it works like a charm on my iMac - and is super convenient.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Duh I new that. Trying to install now. I had a HDD ready for drivers but I have never seen the prompt to add them. Ugh this is confusing. It also said my bootcamp partition was not ntfs so it couldn't install. I hit the formatt button. Hopefully I have my Mac partition still

To the person that gave me negative feed back for this post sorry this came out condisending. I didn't mean it that way. I was more agreeing with the posts that were to my initial post. It was a slap forehead moment of me saying doh why don't I think these thing through before I post. Anyhow no hard feelings I'm just not the best poster.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
To the person that gave me negative feed back for this post sorry this came out condisending. I didn't mean it that way. I was more agreeing with the posts that were to my initial post. It was a slap forehead moment of me saying doh why don't I think these thing through before I post. Anyhow no hard feelings I'm just not the best poster.

I removed it. And please don't call out a rep issue in a public thread, PM a staff member and we'll get it sorted out... that's what we're here for! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.