PLEASE HELP! MIDI problems!!

Reaction score
So, I have an Imac G5, I just recently upgraded to leopard and I am now at 10.5.8. The main reason I upgraded was so that I could Install Pro Tools 8 which I did right after. Now, the first problem I am experiencing is when I open Garageband I get the message, "Timeout or timer inactive! check other applications using Timer or MIDI (code 0)" and On Propellerhead Reason 4 I get the message, "Failed to open MIDI support library/application can not run" and lastly my Audio Midi setup gave me a huge message telling me I can't use it for some reason. I read on some forum that I should trash the Audio Midi Setup, which probably wasn't great advice, and when I looked in the trash it didn't show up so now I don't know how to get it back. I have been searching forums for a few days with no luck, if someone could be nice enough to help me out that'd be great, if this kind of problem has been solved on this site, please excuse my ignorance and direct me to it because I'm struggling!! Thanks so much!

Reaction score
If you have your original Leopard install disk you can put it in your drive and locate the audio midi setup app and reinstall it. I'm running Lion and I'm not near my snow leopard disk right now but when I get home I'll put it in and give you the exact path to the audio midi setup app. Good luck.

stratguy

OP
S
Reaction score
Figured it out!

I fixed it all, I just had a midi driver that wasn't being used so I threw it i the trash and it cured my problems. thanks though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.