• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Purchased mp4, how to get to dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
functioning refurb mbp 13
I just purchased the new Louis C.K. Live at the Beacon Theatre from his website. The file is an mp4. According to his site, you are free to burn the film to dvd after you have purchased it.

I have a refurbished macbook pro (purchased from apple.com). I have OS X 10.6.8

Is there a program that is already on my mac to burn the file to a dvd? Do I need to purchase software to do so? Is there a free alternative?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you. I did try google first, but I wound up confused. I'm still new to mac. I did many things on pc for years, and this would have been one of those things that would have been no problem.

I still wouldn't go back to pc. Thanks again.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again. I wish there was something I could offer for the help. I really tried google, and wanted to avoid wasting space or redundancy.

For what it's worth, I found BURN to be easier to a know-little such as myself. Thank you again for your patient replies. So many forums on the web are filled with such cynicism and negativity. So many of you could have posted slagging responses to my post.

Thank you for HELPING ME. I really do appreciate it, and I mean it...I wish I knew how to contribute more. Thanks for not slagging me off.

I need to see if macforums takes donations. I'm so new. If so...here comes a donation. I give my word.

C

chas_m

Glad we could help. IME the Mac community is generally friendly and helpful and only occasionally grumpy (or I could just be describing myself!). :)

The best thing you can do (apart from the donation) is to visit often, asking questions and contributing your experience when you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.