I've finally got it!

Reaction score
Well, I've finally got my MacBook Pro 13in, with a 256GB SSD. I absolutely love it. It oozes gorgeousness - I've never owned such a beautiful object before (except my car!). It's blisteringly fast and easy to use. It does take a few minutes to become orientated to the Mac way of doing things, but I soon got the hang of it.

Until I got this machine, I used linux on my old laptop, having given up on Windows years ago and actually, being UNIX-based, the OSX is not actually that dissimilar to linux at all, which is probably why I took to it like a duck to water.

Not only is it easy to use, but everything just works with no drama. I did download Google Chrome for Mac, because I do my emails and calendar through that platform and, as I have an Android phone, everything syncs to that; so I won't be getting an i-phone, as I find my Android phone suits me better.

The screen is stunning, and I find that 13in screens are ideal for me - small enough to be compact and unobtrusive, but large enough to see what you are doing on the screen. And the keyboard is a delight to use as I touch-type, so the keyboard feel is important to me.

All in all, a positive experience and I hope to make lots of friends on here in the coming months.

Dave

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Welcome and enjoy your new MBP. :)

C

chas_m

I'm envious, I should really get off my duff and start trying to find a sweet deal on a replacement MBP -- I just love this old black one so much though ... argh, why won't it just break down or something?? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.