Image Graphics on Photoshop and Keynote Different

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I do graphics and have recently converted to Mac. Can someone explain why the same image has a different color tone when it is opened in Photoshop versus Keynote? I had assumed that it would be an identical color regardless but it seems to be more vibrant in Photoshop than Keynote.

Thanks!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Color profile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you are going to put files in Keynote, save them using save for web as a 24 bit PNG which will use the sRGB profile and color space, which should preserve the vibrancy

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks much louishen, that is very helpful. Should Generally I shld be saving files as web version regardless If the presentation will also be printed at some point?

Reaction score
Thanks much louishen, that is very helpful. Should Generally I shld be saving files as web version regardless If the presentation will also be printed at some point?

I would say no. I would save the original in the widest color gamut possible and then save a target version whenever you use the file for something that doesn't require or can't support the original color space.

C

chas_m

No. Saving as web version dramatically reduces the resolution and file size, making it unacceptable for printing.

What you need to do is learn a bit about color profiles. Photoshop, being a professional program, utilizes color profiles. This can cause a discrepancy when either the file is saved without color profile information included or if the other program you're using the graphic in doesn't utilize color profiles.

Save the graphics you create in Photoshop with the color profile you prefer intact, and they will look the same in Keynote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Keynote's color managed? Preview sure doesn't seem to be ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.