Right click in office (windows/parallels)

Reaction score
We are running office 2010 via windows using parallels on our iMac. The right click short-cut using the Control button doesn't seem to work. Will a traditional 2 button mouse work? Is there another shortcut key I'm missing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of mouse are you using? Office 2010 running in a Windows VM should respond to a right click just as it does if it were running on a Windows computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have a wireless Magic Mouse and can't stand it. Being old fashioned I switched back to my trusty USB Logitech optical mouse that I bought at Wal-Mart. I had problems using the right click or control click even in OS X but that was not the fault of the mouse - probably me.

The best I can suggest is see if there are any adjustments or settings within Parallels that you can make. I'm not familiar with Parallels as I own and use Fusion. But to answer your question about a two button USB mouse, I'm sure that it would work OK.

OP
D
Reaction score
Actually contrary to what I've read on-line and in books -there is a setting to turn on "right click" on the magic mouse. All you do is click on the right side even though there isn't a separate button. It works great -in Mac mode and in Word/Excel etc in the Virtual Machine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.