Photoshop an Image

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm in need of a little help here...
I am attempting to photoshop the hands and date off of this watch and sad to say, unsuccessfully. The intent here is to use the watch face along with a geeklet to create an analog watch on my desktop. And this is the first step. Followed by using the geeklet by midnighttokerkate on deviantART and overlaying the dial hands.
And then finally adding in the date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MvGqExrg

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
One way would be to use a cloning brush to brush background color and texture over the parts you want to replace. The pattern in the center may make it a bit tricky, but I'm no Photoshop expert.

OP
S
Reaction score
I tried using the clone tool and was unable to retain the integrity of the background color and texture. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
That's a very, VERY, small, low res image to be manipulating.

Reaction score
This what you want?
Not fancy, about ten minutes work.

watch.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Processor:2.7GHz Intel Core, 4GB 1333 MHz, Mac OS X Lion, 27 in. display
That's a very, VERY, small, low res image to be manipulating.

This. If you blow that image up to desktop size, its going to look very jagged and actually blurry because of the low resolution.

If you feel its worth it, I would suggest looking for a high resolution, large size photograph on a stock photography website. There is one that has free stock photos called stock.xchng vi that I look at occasionally. However keep in mind that you may not find exactly what you are looking for, and the other sites that you have to buy the images can and usually do have much better quality digital photos. Maybe you can browse some of these, but of course only buy if if you find the perfect photo. :)

Istockphoto
Shutterstock
Corbis
GettyImages

OP
S
Reaction score
I was able to find a higher-res image if someone is up to the task. Please only remove the hands, and not the date or "Citizens Eco-Drive" text. Thank you.

bm6670-56e.jpg

Reaction score
Touch it up a little and go with it...or not.

bm6670-56e-2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.