Old issue with a new twist: the blank screen cursor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac,24" 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 4GB !067 MHz DDR2 Ram/ Using Bootcamp with Windows XP PRO
Hello Fellow Users;

I think I have read every post on the black screen with the cursor in the upper right hand corner. BUT they all seem to be addressing install issues.

I've had my iMac for two years with no problems. Two days ago when to boot up Windows. Within two seconds the black screen is there is that cursor smiling at me endlessly from the upper left corner.

Now back in OS, I see the bootcamp icon and I can click on it and see all my files from the Windows side. In fact I have already downloaded everything from there onto a backup drive (as a side issue, where do I find my Outlook files on all my mail and connections: if I can save that I know I can import it if I have to reinstall Windows.)

I would rather not install as I would have to search through a 15x30 storage shed in every box to find my Windows CD. Go ahead and kick me now, I already have bruises from kicking myself.

Bottom line: Would like to see life on my screen again. Unfortunately, I have to have Windows for some of the work that I do.

I am also a graphic artist and web designer and I know my SEO steps, SO if your solution is best I will pass it forward and you can ask me help to develop something you may need.

Standing by......(ok, so I am really sitting)......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.