Mac in the shop with a logic board issue.

Reaction score
So I havent even had my iMac for a year and I was told by Apple Care that my iMac had a major Logic Board issue and it would have to go into the shop for repairs.

So through the year I did notice that it seemed like it would take longer and longer to boot up as time went on. Then the other day I went to install a upgraded router and went to put in the disc. I would insirt the disc and it would come back out seconds later. I tried a few times until I finally restarted the Mac. It went to a white screen and never booted up. I called Apple care and they walked me though all the different ways to get it to boot. Nothing worked. So that night I had to rush my Mac to a authorized Mac repair center before they closed.

The tech said that Apple Care often says to the customer that it's a logic board failure and replacement will be necessary, but it's not always the case.

From what I described, can any of you tell what the logic board issue can be? As I said, nothing works and the white screen remains.

Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Apple Care techs are pretty much Level 1. They hit a stopping point, and tell you to bring it in. At least that, is my experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
What's the problem with taking it in and getting it fixed or replaced for free??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.