Memory card reader question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
Dear All

Just tried, for the first time on my new iMac, to load up pictures from my Canon 7d via the memory card reader I've been using for many months on my PC.

Plugged the USB cable in to the back of the iMac but 'm not getting any response. In Windows I would go into Windows Explorer to see the memory card / reader listed but nothing is appearing on my Mac. I have gone into 'Finder' which I am presuming is the right place to look. Its almost as though the iMac doesn't recognise the card reader.

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you tell us which format the memory card reader is using? Also, have you tried opening Disk Utility from Utilities to see if the reader is being recognized?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you tell us which format the memory card reader is using? Also, have you tried opening Disk Utility from Utilities to see if the reader is being recognized?

The card is a Compact Flash memory card. Disk utility doesn't list the card reader.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dear All
Thank you for looking at this but it appears I may be wasting peoples time. I have just tried the memory card reader in my Windows laptop and it has stopped working on there as well. It would appear a coincidence that has 'broken' between using it on the windows laptop and for the first time on my iMac.

I will need to go buy a new one it appears. Its useful knowing at least that in principal what I was trying to do was valid and that I wasn't doing anything particularly stupid.

Thanks again for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. Sometimes these things happen. I hope you have better luck with the next card you purchase. And Welcome to our Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.