Xcode build is really slow all of the sudden!!

Reaction score
I have tried posting this on iphonedevsdk.com with no reponse. I am hoping to get something here. Thanks!

I am using Xcode 3.2.3 and it has always taken a few seconds to do a build. Now it takes minutes. This just started out of no where. One build it was working fine, a few minutes later on the next build it took forever. This happens on every one of my projects. It locks up my computer while doing it too, although the CPU and memory usage look fine. In the Activity Monitor of Xcode it says "Check Dependencies" the whole time. But once the builds are complete it is successful and everything runs fine. I tried turning off Code Sense Indexing and Predictive Compilation, because of some suggestions on some other posts, but with no success. I cannot develop because of this. Any ideas? Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
For any one else that may have this same issue. It was fixed after I swapped out my harddrive and did a restore from time machine. At some point I decided to upgrade X Code and to Lion. But before doing so, Disk Utility told me that there were hard drive errors when I did a Verify Disk. New hard drive....X Code Build works fine! Found someone who had the same issue here:
iphone - Xcode is unbearably slow (and lies). Why? - Stack Overflow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.