new to mac

Reaction score
hi all as i've just change over from pc to a 13" mac book pro.i've been using radio downloader for downloading radio 1 shows.
Radio Downloader
could someone recommend me mac software to do the same
i've tried iplayer grabber and iplayer downloader but couldn't get them to work
cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can use iTunes to download those radio shows which are available via Podcast. More and more of the popular radio shows here in the US sponsor free Podcasts. Since you didn't give us any information about your Mac or where you are, that's all I can suggest for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
I'd guess from the fact that he referred to "Radio 1", "iPlayer", and used the colloquial parting term "Cheers", he's in Britain...

If so, yes, the Podcasts are freely available for iTunes (or other third-party audio players):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/podcasts/

C

chas_m

There is also a free iPlayer app for both mobile devices and desktops/notebooks for UK residents. There is also now a free "global iPlayer" for Mac and mobile devices that works (for a monthly fee) for Commonwealth countries but not for the US just yet (soon!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I use iTunes for radio on my Mac and an app called TuneIn Radio on my iPhone which cost 0.69p and is live radio and global and has podcast feeds in all music types.

Cheers
Liam

OP
O
Reaction score
sorry should of said i was in the uk.and i'm using a 13 "macbook i5 late 2011 model.
cheers

C

chas_m

I'd guess from the fact that he referred to "Radio 1", "iPlayer", and used the colloquial parting term "Cheers", he's in Britain...

You're right, but I have to point out (being a professional smartypants) that Canada has iPlayer, Radio One and the common use of the term "cheers" as well. :)

OP
O
Reaction score
You're right, but I have to point out (being a professional smartypants) that Canada has iPlayer, Radio One and the common use of the term "cheers" as well. :)

thats good to know for when i move over to nova scotia:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.