Where is iDVD?

Reaction score
I just got a new iMac and love it. While making some of my first iMovies, I wanted to put the movie on a DVD. I clicked share and then iDVD but it then asks where iDVD is. I checked the app store and can't find it. Why would it refer to a program I don't have and can't buy? How to I put a movie onto a DVD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Assuming Lion, it is to be found in the Applications folder.

Reaction score
re: where is idvd

thats interesting. have you tried doing a spotlight search for it? also, i bought my mbp 15" back in june and it came with it

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, and that is what led me to posting here and to the macrumors link. My first experience with Apple was with a Craigslist broken macbook, which I repaired by installing a new hard drive and bought Snow Leopard and ILIFE 09. I used the info that I found on MacRumors and am trying to burn my first DVD using iDVD 09, from my old install CD's. I will post the results shortly.

OP
C
Reaction score
I was able to easily install iDVD from my old iLife 09 discs and I updated them, but when you run iMovie and then tell it to share to iDvd, it still doesn't work. I guess I will have to buy the full disc set of iLife '11. :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.