• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Converting IMovie to DVD

Reaction score
I began to make a music video (slightly over 4 minutes long) using Dragon Stop Motion program on my IMac (OS 10.6.8, Intel processor). I transferred the files from Dragon Stop Motion and the IMac to my PowerBook, because I was more familiar with the older version of IMovie (my PowerBook is running OSX 10.4.11). The movie is finished (and wonderful!), but as I would like to enter it into a film festival, I need to burn it to a DVD or otherwise convert it for appropriate usage. I tried everything on my PowerBook, but was unable to burn, copy, or convert. I ended up copying it on a CD (not DVD) and transferred it to the IMac, where it now resides as a QuickTime (.mov) file (not sure why it didn't come over as MPEG). So, here I sit--I've tried to look at every conversion program I could find, but finally decided that it would be best to check with some Mac heads. Any suggestions? (Note: I'm very new at this--I've heard a lot about "Toast" but have no idea what that is).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Have you tried iDVD on your iMac? Just start an iDVD Project and drag and drop the video file into the Project window. It should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Yes just drag and drop into the Project window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.