bulk tagging tool?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I collect music. I have hundreds of audiophile CD's (MFSL, DCC, Audio Fidelity, etc.). I have multiple copies (mixes) of different albums. I've imported everything into iTunes but when I pull up a specific album - like dark side of the moon, I can't discern the audiophile from another mix. I'd like to tag all my audiophile mp3's as "audiophile" in the notes tag.

Is there a tool that will allow me to bulk tag every mp3 in a folder?

Thanks in advance.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not sure about that but if you know which files you want to tag with a certain comment its possible to tag multiple files at once in iTunes. When you select multiple files in iTunes and then Get Info from within iTunes any tag changes you make are applied to all selected files.

OP
afriqueart
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I found a program called tagr. It's a little buggy and wouldn't let me "do" all the tracks (over 7500) at once. It hung when I was trying to add songs with sub and sub/sub folders. I was able to break the number of files into about 1000 file groups and was able to add an Audiophile designation in the comments field. I'm rebuilding my iTunes DB. It's saying that it will take 19 hours. I'll update after that's finished.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.