Installing Cubase AI4 on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello, about four years ago I purchased a Yamaha MO8 keyboard. With the Yamaha MO8, I received a copy of the Cubase AI4 (Windows). I have tried to install it on my old Windows 7 computer, and failed. Recently, I have tried to upload it to my 13" MacBook Pro, which I purchased in July 2011. The installation took forever, and froze with "less than a minute remaining." I have tried forcing the installation closed and rebooting. I also tried downloading the license and registration, and had the same result of taking a really long time. I am confused because I have an 8 GB memory and a 750 GB Hard drive. The one thing that came to mind is that I don't have Boot Camp installed on my computer. But, I was able to install Presonus Studio One, which is also a Windows Program without a problem. Another thing it may be is that the Cubase program is older, but it said that it is capable of running Mac OSX 10.7 and my computer is the 10.7.2 version. Is my computer just being slow? Or is the version too old, and if so, can I possibly find a version that will run on my computer?

Thanks.

C

chas_m

You probably just need an updated copy of CuBase and a new disk. Contact the maker of CuBase.

Reaction score
How'd ya go???

How did you go in regards to this issue??? I have the same problem. Bought an XS8 some years ago and have just tried to install the Cubase software just now on my new Macbook Pro. Previous to this I haven't even opened the disk. Just sits there forever trying to load saying only 1 minute to go. That was over 12 hours ago.

Rehab45

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.