• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Is it true?

Reaction score
I heard at school that if you break an older ipod, like a gen3, thene you can take it to the apple store and get a new ipod if I pay $50 dollars. is that true?

Reaction score
could be if you bought applecare along with your purchase of the first ipod but I doubt they would replace with the new just because you broke it ( Applecare is like an insurance policy) just a guess on my part

Reaction score
If you have a valid claim under Applecare that requires a replacement then Apple are obliged to replace it for you. They don't really keep old iPods lying around so the've have to give you one of the newer ones. How much you'd have to pay would be down to your bargaining skills i guess.

But from what i've heard Apple are pretty tight about their replacments, just breakng it won't work

S

sursuciofla

There are ways to do it without it looking suspicious or careless but I try my best to be very honest so I won't say how. I think it is wrong to break stuff intentionally just to get a replacement. People should be ashamed of themselves. To me that is almost as bad as stealing from your mother.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mig.gentry said:
If you have a valid claim under Applecare that requires a replacement then Apple are obliged to replace it for you. They don't really keep old iPods lying around so the've have to give you one of the newer ones. ....

Actually, they do keep a small lot of each iPod on hand for this very reason. They also use the repaired and refurbished ones from earlier repair jobs to replace ones sent in from new repair requests.
It is only in very rare and extreme cases that you would get an updated, newer version of the iPod you take in for service under AppleCare. In other words, don't expect to get a brand new, updated model if you "break" your iPod and try to get it replaced.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.