• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Playing a DVD, which was copied onto a Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 13.3" i5 500 GB (Late 2011) , iPhone 4, The New iPad 16GB Wifi
Hi Guys,

Im new to Mac and need an advise from you guys on how to play the DVD files (Ripped the whole DVD to a folder). In PC, I use to play it with VLC Player by opting it to open the folder with VLC Media Player. I have checked in my Mac to do the same, but unfortunately I couldn't find any option though.. Do you ppls have any tips on it ?

C

chas_m

Just drop the folder on the VLC icon (it will figure it out automatically -- ain't Macs cool?), or as you say you can simply open VLC, choose File -> Open Disc, Then click on the "Disc" tab and choose "VIDEO_TS" and navigate to the VIDEO_TS file inside the folder in question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.