Syncing with mobile phone

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me are there any phones apart from iPhones which will synchronise calendars from my iPad.
I have a Nokia N95 which I'm happy with but it won't sync the calendar with my iPad.
I want a cheap, cheap mobile that will sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi Rogerbrett and welcome,

If you've gone through the considerable expense of buying an iPad then maybe you should also consider an iPhone to match. I know it doesn't answer your question but it will be the path of least resistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Use google cal and you can use any android phone, it can be synced with ical no problem using caldav

OP
R
Reaction score
Sync android phone with iPad

With regard to spending a substantial amount on an iPad, therefore I should buy an iPhone. My N95 cost me more than an iPhone when it was new!
That's why I want to keep it but I need an update-able calendar as well!
I've just tried to sync my wife's cheap Samsung android using Bluetooth but while the phone recognises the iPad, the iPad says unsupported device.
Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Read my last post if you use google cal, you DONT sync the phone with the ipad but with Google Calendar, THIS then syncs with the calendar on the ipad, simples. You can then put a meeting, appointment, whatever in the ipads calendar, it then syncs to google then to your phone and vice versa. This way your phone doesn't have to be compatible with the ipad, or imac or any osx ios device. it only has to be able to use google calendar, i.e. ANY android phone. There is no sync button to click on everything happens automatically, you put in an entry on your phone and its on your ipad, laptop PC, instantly.

C

chas_m

Bluetooth sync with phones is not possible on the iPad. The Bluetooth implementation in iOS devices is limited to certain functions only.

OP
R
Reaction score
Still problems

Thanks for the long reply but I am still struggling!
I have managed to sync my google calendar with the iPad calendar but not the other way round. Ie. if I make an entry in the google calendar it appears on the iPad calendar but if I make an entry on the iPad calendar then it doesn't sync anywhere.
Also when I try to sync the google calendar from my asus laptop with my Android phone (Samsung E250i) using bluetooth then nothing happens.
I know there must be a simple solution but I can't find it.
More help in idiot proof steps would be much appreciated.
I actually read somewhere that Microsoft exchange would sync calendars with Nokia phones like my N95 but can't see how.

C

chas_m

If you want idiot-proof, dump the Nokia and get an iPhone.

You can certainly do two-way sync without having to go that far, but it won't be idiot-proof.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.