Printer Installation on an iMac + Other keyboard, mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Processor:2.7GHz Intel Core, 4GB 1333 MHz, Mac OS X Lion, 27 in. display
Still learning the ropes of Mac, I've only had mine for almost a month now. So consider me quite new to Mac OS:Blushing:.

1.For printers, can you just plug in the printer to a usb port? Or is there some kind of drivers I need to dl and install first?

2. I guess here i can also ask about alternative external hardware. Is it possible to use say, a logitech keyboard and mouse with the Mac OS?

My Mac came with a wireless mouse and keyboard. They do look really spiffy however i have used wireless mouse/Keyboard before (years ago on my Windows PC) and honestly I didn't like having to change the battery, because it would always seem to die at the WORST possible times, like doing my MMO games! (Though I don't play those anymore, my mac is for my classes these days.

OP
TilkiliKiz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Foreign languages

Addendum.

Ive been studying and learning the Turkish language for over a year now. My old PC had a logitech keyboard that had Turkish letters, and while it was connected to the PC, you had the option of toggling between using the keyboard with English configuration, or Turkish configuration.

Basically I want to be able to type Turkish letters. Thats why I was asking before if i can use the logitech Keyboard. Or does Apple offer keyboards that can do the same thing?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As long as the Logitech keyboard has a USB connector it should work. But you will also have to go into System Preferences, Language & Text, Keyboard, Input Sources, and change the input method to Turkish.

Unless you change the input source the keyboard may output Roman characters not Turkish. (even though it's a Turkish keyboard)

OP
TilkiliKiz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chscag for the tip. And apologies for double posting to that other topic.

C

chas_m

For most printers, all you need to do is plug it in and turn it on. The Mac will almost always auto-configure the printer all by itself UNLESS we are talking about a pretty old model or (less common, but it happens) something so brand new Apple hasn't added a driver for it yet.

You can confirm this by simply attaching the printer, turning it on and checking under System Preferences, Print & Scan. If your printer's model number/name appears in the left hand column, you are good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.