Live TV via Windows Media Centre in Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi - hope someone can help me!

I've just installed Win7 via bootcamp on my Mac Mini. Within MacOS (S/L) I'm able to view and record live tv using a Miglia TV Mini stick via The Tube interface. Anyone who's used The Tube will know it's not the perfect interface so I'd like to be able to use Win Media Centre to view and record. However, when I've activated WMC it doesn't recognise the TV stick.

Has anyone ever tried this before, and if so, how do they configure WMC so that it will recognise the TV Stick? Or if not, has anyone setup WMC via bootcamp to watch and record tv?

Cheers!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably need to download Windows 7 drivers for the Miglia TV Mini stick and install them from within Windows 7. Did a disk come with the TV stick? Usually a disk that's supplied will contain drivers for both the Mac and PC.

OP
B
Reaction score
You probably need to download Windows 7 drivers for the Miglia TV Mini stick and install them from within Windows 7. Did a disk come with the TV stick? Usually a disk that's supplied will contain drivers for both the Mac and PC.

Thanks for the reply. The stick didn't come with Windows drivers and on the Miglia site they have XP drivers available but nothing for Win7.

So I guess my followup would be, if I now go out and buy a Win7 compatible TV stick, will it work in Mac??!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the reply. The stick didn't come with Windows drivers and on the Miglia site they have XP drivers available but nothing for Win7.

So I guess my followup would be, if I now go out and buy a Win7 compatible TV stick, will it work in Mac??!!

Well, the XP drivers for sure will not work in Windows 7 as they are quite different in structure.

Before purchasing a compatible Win 7 TV stick, ask their support or check to see if it's compatible with the latest version of Mac OS X Lion. If it's not, it won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.