Imac+newly bootcamped

Reaction score
Hi I have just bootcamped my imac with windows 7 and everything is working fine except for two things.

1. No sound in windows, when I start the computer I can here the "apple theme" sound but when it enters windows the sound threw the speakers will not work, but I do get sound if I plug some earphones in. Driver problem maybe? whats the solution?

2. How do I switch to osx. It automatically brings me into windows. Ive tried holding down the "option" key but no result.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Did you download the drivers and burn to a CD? if so pop that in and let it run. If it does not go into My Computer and select the DVD drive, double click with the CD in, and hit auto run.exe.

If that did not work try slipping in your SL disc. From what you say it sounds like no drivers have been installed. there should be a Bootcamp Control Panel to assist you in restarting from Mac OS X.

Also you never provided machine details. Have found when using a wireless keyboard, the Option trick does not work as the booting process needs to run before Bluetooth loads. In that case used a wired keyboard and mouse. Always have the wired versions on hand.

OP
T
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Did you download the drivers and burn to a CD? if so pop that in and let it run. If it does not go into My Computer and select the DVD drive, double click with the CD in, and hit auto run.exe.

If that did not work try slipping in your SL disc. From what you say it sounds like no drivers have been installed. there should be a Bootcamp Control Panel to assist you in restarting from Mac OS X.

Also you never provided machine details. Have found when using a wireless keyboard, the Option trick does not work as the booting process needs to run before Bluetooth loads. In that case used a wired keyboard and mouse. Always have the wired versions on hand.

I tried installing the drivers from the cd (realtek Hd package) I believe.
I understood that the reason the bluetooth mac keyboard didn't work was because the bluetooth doesn't activate until in windows. So I tried doing the same thing with my wired keyboard, it didn't work tho. I have two cd´s one named Imac applications install dvd and one named Imac Mac OS X install dvd. The cd with drivers was the mac os x install dvd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's the driver package that you should have downloaded from the bootcamp wizard that you need to use. You need to install everything on there as per harryb's post above.

That package will install the bootcamp app for you too (look in the windows system tray by the clock for it, it's a black/grey diamond icon). This app lets you select the default OS to boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you don't have drivers downloaded from during the bootcamp assistant. Once back in Mac OS you can re run the assistant to download the driver package then quit out.

I'm concerned you can't boot into Mac OSX, even with a wired keyboard.....

If you right click Computer in Windows and select Manage - then select storage from the left pane of the window that appears. Can you see the various partitions on the disk? There should be three. A small system partition, the OSX partition and the Windows one.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ive solved the problem now. just installed bootcamp on windows and it automatically installed all the drivers. Thx for the help guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.