iTunes account disabled?

Reaction score
I thought I would post these questions here as I am a relatively recent Apple convert. I've been using iTunes for years though and the other day my account was disabled and I received an email stating I had bought a $50 gift certificate for myself. I emailed iTunes who said they would remove the charge and unblock my account. I had to create a new password to log back in and when I did it looked like my old billing information had somehow migrated back into their system replacing my current billing info. This is good as I didn't get hit with the $50 charge but doesn't help my confidence in iTunes, plus after 2 days my account is still disabled (they said it would be back up by yesterday).

Has anyone else had this happen this week?

What would be the down side to just creating a new iTunes account? I have an iMac, iPhone 4, iPad 2, and an iCloud account. I assuming one down side is loosing access to all my earlier purchases, what are the other con's to going with a new account?

Thanks, Jeff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would stick with the old account and let Apple sort it out. It may take longer than several days. Creating a new account will just add confusion to the whole occurrence and possibly take even longer to sort out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I was wondering if this had been resolved for you? I have been waiting 7 days for my account that was hacked to get reenabled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.