Linux Desktop + OSX iBook wireless network

W

whyatt

I have a mandrake 10.2 linux desktop plugged, by ethernet, into a linksys wireless G router.

When apple finally decide to deliver it I'll have an iBook (my first mac) which can link to the TV and it's speakers.

I want the desktop to be a fileserver that my iBook can easily pull files off (mp3s, movies, and work).

Any ideas or pointers on how I could do this. Good links or guides? I have no idea about networking...

Cheers

OP
M

Merlinblack

I don't know a lot about mandriva (or mandrake) but I bet you can set-up a private ftp on the tower so that your mac can connect to it. As for guides and what not try a google search and try looking on the mandriva website for some answers.

Good Luck

OP
W

whyatt

Mandriva's website is a maze of pain - to make you pay for membership. But thanks "private ftp" is a buzz word that will help me google. I didn't know any search terms to use!

Cheers,

Any other ideas anyone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.