Windows on Mac help

Reaction score
I have an Imac 20" with 4 gb of ram and a 2.4mhz i5 processor. I recently installed windows 7 to play an online game.

I am trying to connect to the internet on the windows side, using bootcamp, but it isn't connecting. I am trying to connect wirelessly.

Can anyone help?:(

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Cannot help with Bootcamp but i was running XP in Parallels with 2.4 iMac and 4Gbs of Ram. Replaced ram with OWC upgrade kit to give 6 Gbs and Windows side ran much better. U may want to look at Ws7 memory requirement and what u have allocated.

OP
E
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice. I am actually looking into that.

But I really need help connecting to the internet wirelessly in windows. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you download the drivers and burn to a Cd, pop that in after the Windows 7 install? if it did not run, go into My Computer > DVD Drive > Open > click auto run.exe.

The network settings are normally installed automatically immediately after the activation code is entered.

OP
E
Reaction score
No I didn't. Didn't have any discs. I will get a couple.

Once I get them, do I just go into bootcamp and select the option to make an update disc?

Reaction score
Without that driver disc, a number of things aren't going to run right. Please print out and read (and follow) the boot camp installation instructions available on the Apple site. it will walk you through the process of creating the disk.

cheers

Reaction score
here's an easier way!

okay so i knw that you went throughout all that trouble lol ;D but theres an easier way by 150%, you can download = https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

and if you have the Windows 7 .iso file you can install it there +its an 'in window' thing ++it uses your mac drivers :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.