Bootloaders (yaboot specificaly)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac bondie blue 233mhz 320mb ram 2 meg vram 4gig HD and a Beige G3 A/V 266 OCed to 300mhz 64mb ram
has anyone used this? and if so here is the situation i have an imac bondiblue and i installed 9.2.2 and when i did hat i parted the hard drive to a 2gig mac and a 2 gig linuxppc prefered format that was working fine but when i installed os X after that i installed fedora core 4 and it was still working fine.

So like 2 months later i needed to update some software off cd and yaboot didnt want to boot the cd and so i just held the "c" key right booted fine got it installed didnt use it til like 2 hours ago and i cant get into the bootloader i dont want to format the drive less it is the only option my gf spent 3 hours making here background image on it.

all i want to do is to boot into fedora core and copy that file to my other linux box and format the entire drive in my imac and run just a single os or just net boot it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
in os X cant you select the other partition to boot from?there should still be a bootloader on it just no reference to it from the first partition

OP
leverknight1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac bondie blue 233mhz 320mb ram 2 meg vram 4gig HD and a Beige G3 A/V 266 OCed to 300mhz 64mb ram
no the mac doesnt see the linux and the linux doesnt see the mac.

OP
leverknight1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i thought there had to be a comand to do that i just didnt know what it was
thank you

OP
leverknight1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i got it fixed i think that link helped but i finaly broke down and just went back to 9 cause i have no need to run ten it is to much of a drag on my system.

but i deleted that and i guess i dont have a viable os 9 folder so it went to the loader and now i just need to fix whatever is wrong with the freaking fedora install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.