WindowsXP on Bootcamp WIRELESS ADAPTER trouble

Reaction score
First post on this forum, hello all. :D

I just installed Windows XP using bootcamp on my Macbook 4,1. When I click on "Network Connections in the Control panel, the only thing that comes up is this 1394 Net Adapter under LAN or High Speed. My computer has a Broadcom driver but its not detected. Under device manager, the only network adapter is the 1394 Net Adapter.
Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Have you installed the XP drivers from your OS X DVD? (Leopard, Snow Leopard)

OP
P
Reaction score
No I dont even know where my Leopard Disk is.....how would I go about doing that? is it simple?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's very simple. You boot to Windows XP and then insert your Leopard DVD. Drivers will be installed automatically. If you've lost your Leopard DVD, you can buy a Snow Leopard install DVD direct from Apple for $29.99. You can likewise use that to install drivers. Without either, there is no legal way to obtain drivers as Apple does not make them available for download.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you

Okay thank you so much for your response I have been searching forever. Time to look for my disk :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.