No BootCamp in Windows 7

Reaction score
I have spent a few hours on the posts trying to find my specific situation and have not as of yet. I am hoping I can get some advice quickly if possible.
Here is what I have.
iMac 21.5 with Lion OS (It is new and did not come with Install CD)
I used the Bootcamp to create a new partition and had the bootcamp (Windows Support Software) installed to an external HD on the Mac. No issues at this point.
I then installed windows 7 on the disignated partition and all was fine.
When the installation was done there was no bootcamp information on the windows 7 install and I cannot see the USB drive that I used to install the files to.
Here is what is happening:
When the iMac is turned on, it immediatly goes to Windows 7. No other options exist. I have tried the various reboot options that I have found on the site such as COMMAND, COMMAND + R, etc. None work.
When I go into the disk manager of windows 7 I see the windows 7 drive is set as C: and active and I also see the partitions that contain the OSX information. I have touched or changed nothing.

I am in a bit of a panic and hope there is something simple that I have missed.

The USB drive that should have the bootcamp information shows up as online in windows 7 but cannot be seen to access it, and I cannot assign it a drive letter as a way to work with it. So I am stuck there.

I don't have another mac that I can use to create another install of the bootcamp. If anyone can assist me in getting my system back tonight it would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to the Apple OS and work in the IT field with Windows environments so I am familiar with navigating here. If I have mistakenly identified any Apple information, please forgive me. Thank you.

OP
L
Reaction score
Solved

I figured out that my attempt to bring up the boot menu was not being timed right with respect to selecting the Option Key during the reboot process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Best option is to print the Bootcamp Assistant guidelines, and download the drivers and burn to a CD> When Windows 7 is loaded, pop in the CD and if it does not run automatically, select auto.run. Then a Bootcamp Control Panel is set up enabling you to boot back into OS X.

OP
L
Reaction score
I had printed out the instructions before hand. I read that as a key thing on the forums so I made sure to do that. Everything is working now and I hav e support files I needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.