• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Job

nai

Reaction score
Hi All,

After 8 years working with for a face paced multimedia company using DVDSP and FCP I have sadly been made redundant and now looking for my next career step. I left college without any qualifications just so I could work at my previous company and have loved every minute of it. I was thinking about applying for a job in the Mac store but have not worked in retail before and they have a large recruitment drive in the New Year for both Apple Creative and Apple support roles. I really want to get prepare for the positions now and was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on what I should be clued up on if I am lucky enough to get an interview and also do apple offer any training on software before they place you on the shop floor?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was thinking about applying for a job in the Mac store...

...I really want to get prepare for the positions now and was wondering if anybody could give me some tips...

One tip I would suggest is...learning the name of the store you want to work for. It's not called the "Mac Store"...it's called the "Apple Store"!:)

- Nick

p.s. Also...this is not the first time this question has been asked on Mac-Forums. Please give the search function a try. Previous threads on this topic may be helpful...but to be honest...the process of getting a job at an Apple Store is not easy...and not necessarily something you can prepare for.

If they like you they like you...if they don't they don't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.