Airport Extreme Acting Up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
I have been using the same Airport Extreme since 2005. I realize it may just be getting old. The last available firmware update for it is 3 or 4 years old.

In the last year and a half or so I have added an Apple TV, iPad, and several iPhones to the network. And swapped out the main desktop with a newer one.

In the last 4(?) months the router seems to lose connection. It started happening only occasionally but now it seems everyday when I come from work I have to unplug and plug back in the router. While watching a movie Saturday it conked out twice, (maybe it just didnt like Conan?) I unplug it, plug it back in and its fine.
One other thing, is twice it seems the connection dropped when someone started using the iPad.

So is my nearly 7 year old Airport busted? Or is there something simple I can do to trouble shoot this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I think you should just ask Santa for a new one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
2 Questions.

1. Do you lose a connection to the router, or just the internet?
2. When was the last time your Modem was replaced?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3 Ghz i3 iMac, Macbook Pro, Old G5, iPhone, iPad, and a drawer of iPods
1) Just to the router.
2)Less than a year. I swapped out the modem to check. Didnt fix the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.