New to Mac. What should I do first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5"iMac quad core 2.5
I am 3 weeks into my switch to Macs (base model 21.5 iMac). My girlfriend has a new MBP. We both have iPhone 4S as well as a house iPad. What should I do first in terms of networking/expanding/enhancing our computing experience? I assume we can share, or at least see each other's HD, but not sure how to do such. What else would you recommend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Read all the stickies in this section. Bookmark the following and make sure you reference them.
Apple - Start
Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics
Apple - Support - Manuals

I used the above links and found the answers to all the basic questions I had before having to hit forums. I have the manuals downloaded and saved and shared between my devices: MBP, iPhone 4s, iPad. They are the most up to date and accurate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Sound advice above, just close your mind off to the past and embrace the experience.:)
Try not to get frustrated with things that work a different way to MS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.