Transfer Files to DV Input on DVD Recorder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I just got the Panasonic DMR-ES20 DVD Recorder for my HomeTheater and it has a DV Input...can I transfer files/music videos...burn it to DVD-RAM/-R disc?

I couldn't find the cable/I can't try it.

Thanks...!!!

Reaction score
Doesn't DV input stand for Digital Video... I don't think you are going to be able to use it to transfer data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
mynameis said:
Doesn't DV input stand for Digital Video... I don't think you are going to be able to use it to transfer data.

That's correct. The DV input is for use with a digital camcorder or the DV output from something like final cut. It won't function as a standard DVD burner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's probably a FireWire input (with a mini end connector...should be able to get one at Radio Shack or Best Buy or online) you might be able to convince iMovie (or Final Cut like sarahsboy18 said) to record out to it so it can be burned.

It's a roundabout way of getting video onto DVD without a SuperDrive, but it could work.

O

oinkydoodle

I'm thinking about buying a MiniDV digital video cam. Could I do this also? I think I DO have a super drive, so how would I get video from my camera to mac, then mac to dvd?

OP
i-VTEC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I don't think I know what I'm doing...!!! :(

I just home from the Apple Store with the FireWire (4-pin to 6-pin) and no response from the Mini...I tried iDVD/MovieHD, no luck...!!!

Also, the files I want to burn are Windows Media...both iDVD/MovieHD won't allow me to use it...???

Reaction score
oinkydoodle said:
I'm thinking about buying a MiniDV digital video cam. Could I do this also? I think I DO have a super drive, so how would I get video from my camera to mac, then mac to dvd?

Make sure you get a camera that has FireWire(1394, iLink) connection, then just plug it in and transfer the video over, then use iDVD to make a DVD with the stuff you capture.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.