Sound Jacks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
i have an imac g3 and i want to get a speaker system for it and other things around the house.

It only has 1 port for sound output. I have been looking at some 5.1 channell speakers and tehy have 3 chords. How do i get around this.

Would it be better to go for a 2.1 or what.

And if any of you have some good speakers id be happy to know whats good and whats not on the market.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
You can only kook up a 2.1 system. To have 5,1 you'd need an external 5.1 device.

The best 2.1 system I've ever heard (and seen) are the Harman Kardon Soundsticks II. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny.

B

Badger

In addition to good speakers you might want to invest in a USB audio in/out connector like Griffin's iMic. It makes a major difference in sound quality - both input and output.

OP
Pattay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
Tahts great thanks guys

Any one have any experince with the JBL Creature II's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.