Using Garageband '11 for Video Editing

Reaction score
Well, probably not the most efficient way of doing it, but I edit a video in iMovie '11, then import the edited video into Garageband along with a multitrack mixdown audio from a DAW (Audition 5.5). Then edit the mixed audio to matchup with the videos audio, delete the videos audio and then export the finished video out of GB.

Works ok. There's some slight out of sync issues but GB '11 has some tools that I'll mess around with like Groove Matching and Quantize Note Timing that might help :)

Is this the hard way of replacing a videos audio with another?

OP
C
Reaction score
Kinda strange, to me anyway. I found that after using Garageband, since it's an audio program, to replace and sync the sound in my videos, that though the video audio seemed synced it wasn't till I viewed it in iMovie with the audio separated from the video that I could see the sound track was clearly out of sync.

Even without the audio tools that Garageband has is iMovie typically more accurate at syncing audio to video?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.