Mac pro slow

Reaction score
Hi,

My Macbook Pro is a year old. Lately it is extremely slow. Specially when i start up my pro. How can i solve this issue please suggest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Are you turning it on from cold or waking it up? Putting it to sleep will not stress the machine as much as constant re-boots.

Empty all caches,history,cookies etc in Safari.
De-clutter your desk top.
Delete as many emails as you can and empty it's Trash
Empty the MBP's Trash
Quit all applications by right clicking the icon and actually quitting them.
Use Applications/Disk Utility/Hard Drive/Repair Disk Permissions
Shut down
Reboot.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Along with the above: make sure you have enough free space. I recommend a minimum of 15% free space on any system partition, although I personally begin seeing slow downs related to nothing but the amount of free space at 30%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
If it's hanging a lot and constantly showing the spinning beach ball between seemingly mundane tasks it might be worth it to have the hard drive checked out.

C

chas_m

Before you do ANY of the very sensible things suggested above, the FIRST thing you need to do is bring your backups up-to-date. FIRST.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.