book of poems in iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
I would like to make a book of my husband's poems with some accompanying photos. The poems are in Word so how do I get them onto the iPhoto page please?

C

chas_m

You don't.

iPhoto's bookmaking abilities are for photo books, not books with a lot of text in them.

You'll want to look at a third-party company that offers templates more suited to what you want to do, for example Blurb's Booksmart.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Thank you, Blurb looks good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Or type the poems in word in whatever font you prefer You could even import a photo into word as a background. Scan the pages as a .jpg and then import them into iphoto.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
If you are in Europe I'd suggest

Photobox

who do several book formats which you can adapt by adding more/enlarging photo boxes, moving text boxes around, changing fonts and colours). You would copy and paste the poems from Word into a text box then adjust font, size etc. Uploading photos is simple. I did an A4 full colour 24-page hardback cookery book and was delighted with quality and professional finish of the product.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you. I shall try that as I am in the UK too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.