• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Any way to do this

Reaction score
Is there a way I can take a video clip and make it look like a cartoon or drawing? I have final cut pro, after effects, and shake and motion.

Thanks

F

fisha

There are plugins to do stuff like that for 3D modelling / rendering packages, but i've not seen one for straight video.

I guess it depends on what type of cartoon you are trying to emulate.

The 3D stuff works well because of the light sources and the way they create a shadow effect on flat colours which gives a depth to the cartoon plain colours.

Without a plugin, you could try looking at composting a number of effects together. One being some form of outline / contour of the video. Another being a colour palletised / posterised layer underneath it so that the video only shows in a limited number of colours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.