• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's 15" Ultra-Thin Notebook Due in March 2012

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Apple's 15" Ultra-Thin Notebook Due in March 2012 - Mac Rumors

Upstream suppliers of Apple have recently started shipping a small volume of components for a 15-inch ultra-thin notebook model from Apple in November and the device could be either MacBook Air or just a thinner MacBook Pro. The new MacBook is expected to appear as early as the second quarter of 2012, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A 15" MacBook Air priced around the same as the 13" MBP would be a good move for Apple. I know a lot of people that I've turned on to Macs just don't feel that 13" is big enough, but don't want to spend $1700 on a laptop either.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
A 15" MacBook Air priced around the same as the 13" MBP would be a good move for Apple. I know a lot of people that I've turned on to Macs just don't feel that 13" is big enough, but don't want to spend $1700 on a laptop either.

I was actually thinking the something close to that price strategy. Something tells me that when, and if, the new 15" Air comes out, the price of the 15" MBP will drop down to $1599/$1499(with student discount)(as it was before the last price increase), which will likely lead to the Air being priced at $1499/$1399. I don't expect them to price it at the same exact price as the 13" MBP because I believe it would seriously cannibalize sales(in terms of making the 13"MBP look bad, and in potential revenue associated to building a 13" MBP vs. 15" Air). Or at least that's what I think. If it is cheaper, then that would be better(assuming they don't really cheapen the hardware too much).

However, keeping in line with Apple's current pricing strategy, I can see them bringing the 15" Air with a difference of $100 over the basic 15" MPB. This is the same pricing scheme they have with the 13" MBA/MBP. This makes more sense to me if they don't lower the price of the 15" MBP

Make any sense, or is it just me?

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I knew I had posted this rumor, and finally found it! If this rumor holds true--highly doubtful--this will be my new computer:)...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.