• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Creating subtitles in FCP 4.5

Reaction score
Hello there learned folk,

using final cut pro i wanted to achieve the following: a blank screen with a particular track playing and have the lyrics apear on the screen in a subtitle fashion. Nothing too fancy to begin with.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

A.R

F

fisha

subtitles

whilst not experienced with final cut pro, i cant inisage any simple way of doing other than manually adding each section of text and timing its appearance with the music.

I've done a few scenes on different software where the video falls in time with the music. The only eay was to manually adjust the visibility of objects as an when i wanted them to appear / disappear.

Can you see the wave profile in FCP? If so, the best place to start is to chunk up the music into sections and work on them part by part.

i.e.

listen to the music and mark the times when the verse starts, chorus starts etc etc. and then gradually chunk them up into smaller sections of line by line.

Once you've got that you'd typically be have sections of music about 5 to 10 seconds long for a phrase in a verse. With the time line zoomed into that section, you should be able to make out the placing of each word by looking at the wave form ( if thats there )

does that help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.