iBook G4 Questions - DV Camera and Internet Sharing

H

hollerz1

Hi,

I'm thinking of dumping my Windows PC within the next couple of weeks for an iBook G4. But reading the Apple website it says that OS X Panther only supports 4 makes of DV Camera, but not the one I have, Samsung. Is there any drivers or anythign I could download to make this work?

Also, Broadband isn't available where I live, but my school has a sattalite connection. All the computers at school have Windows. If I just plug my iBook into the network, which I have done with a windows laptop and it works, will i be able to share the connection pretty easily?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i have not seen anything with getting other makes of dv cameras to work anywhere but there are some people in this forum who might know.

If the sattelite connection at your schools just uses a standard cat3,4,5 cable you should be good to go.

OP
H

hollerz1

trpnmonkey41 said:
i have not seen anything with getting other makes of dv cameras to work anywhere but there are some people in this forum who might know.

If the sattelite connection at your schools just uses a standard cat3,4,5 cable you should be good to go.

Yeah the school just uses cat 5 cable, so that will hopefulyl work, thanks :)

Anyone know about the DV Camera?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.