.Wav Files help!

Reaction score
Greetings forum,

I'm with a small group to create a video game app. I'm in charge of the music and I'm using a program to turn midi files into 8-bit .wav files.

My problem:
Wav files are HUGE. One song is 14mb itself. Is there any program I can use or something I can do to make the size smaller without losing any [if possible] or too much audio quality??

I HAVE to keep my files in .wav format. MP3 is great, but there's been a few problems in looping my music, as there's a little gap between the loop.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you have to keep your files in .WAV then there's no way around the large size. You can convert them to high bit rate MP3 or FLAC which would be lossless..

But if you have to stay within the .WAV file format, short of making your songs shorter, not sure you have many options to reduce the file size. That's one of the main reasons that MP3 took off initially anyway..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.