• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Happy Veteran's Day

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
and Remembrance Day, Poppy Day, Armistice Day, etc. Just a note to remind folks to say Thank You to a Veteran today. Many of these kids have seen things that even movies cannot do justice to - things no one should ever have to see or experience - things they'll carry with them for the rest of their lives. Don't take what we have for granted - it has always come at a high price.

89764.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Happy Veteran's Day to all who served!!!!

“Real heroes don’t wear capes; they wear dog tags” :Cool:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Happy Veteran's Day!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 for all that was said. Being an old veteran myself, I know first hand what our young men and women sacrifice of their lives for our great country.

And by the way guys.... I moved the thread here where it really belongs. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
agreed

sorry about the size, couldn't seem to make it any smaller...

images.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
If I hadn't spent all this week and last bulling my shoes and polishing medals for the parade on Sunday, I'd be a bit more grateful. :)

Only kidding... We shall remember them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Thanks to all the veterans.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've never been to war, never been in the military nor have I even been close to any sort of armed conflict. It is for this reason that I have a deep appreciation and respect for those who have made such circumstances possible for me.

I know this won't be read by any Canadian veterans (us Canadians are few and far between around here) but thank you for all the sacrifices that you have made and continue to make to ensure peace and security. Your work does not go unappreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

:salute:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
As a Veteran I always reflect somberly on Veterans' Day. I think of those who served with me, the good times and the bad. I contemplate what might have been if not for the ultimate sacrifice of those that served before me. I wish for the safety of those who have served after me. I appreciate the sentiment when people wish me a happy Veterans' Day, and I hold no malice to those that wish a "happy" Veterans' Day, but it is more correct to say "Thank you for serving."

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
As a veteran, thanks for the sentiment. And, I also am thankful for those who willingly gave all that we might have life and freedom.

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
As a Veteran I always reflect somberly on Veterans' Day. I think of those who served with me, the good times and the bad. I contemplate what might have been if not for the ultimate sacrifice of those that served before me. I wish for the safety of those who have served after me. I appreciate the sentiment when people wish me a happy Veterans' Day, and I hold no malice to those that wish a "happy" Veterans' Day, but it is more correct to say "Thank you for serving."

I'm an 8 year veteran myself - so I have earned the right to say it as I did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I am also a "Happy" Veteran currently enlisted in the USAF for the past 22 years. I'm happy like this----> :D lol

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am also a "Happy" Veteran currently enlisted in the USAF for the past 22 years. I'm happy like this----> :D lol

And I thank you for your continued service :D

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
I served for 10 years in the Royal Air Force and have many friends still serving. Im being told by my former colleagues that the British Armed Forces are stretched beyond belief these days.

To those who have gone before and to those who still stand and serve today, I thank you

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

:salute:
Ugh, that's a nice poem but I've heard it so many times that it's lost its poetic value. The fact that it's on our $10 bill makes it inescapable as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.